Boeing 737 (AEW&C): Final Delivery To ROKAF…
- Boeing 737: Boeing on Oct. 24 delivered the fourth and final 737 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft to the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF), demonstrating the continuing success of the company’s partnerships with local industry.
- “We delivered five weeks ahead of schedule thanks to the hard work, focus and close collaboration among the ROKAF, Korea’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration, Boeing and our in-country suppliers,” said Rick Heerdt, Boeing vice president of Airborne Surveillance, Command and Control.
Korean Companies Which Supported The Boeing 737 (AEW&C) Program:
- Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) modified and supported testing of three of the four 737-based Peace Eye aircraft at its facility in Sacheon.
- “Throughout the program, KAI demonstrated its outstanding technical capability and modification experience in delivering this powerful airborne surveillance and battle management capability that enhances the security of the Korean peninsula,” Heerdt said.
- Other Korean companies that made key contributions to the AEW&C program include:
- Korean Air Aerospace Division: technical services, spares and related parts-handling services
- LIG Nex1: networking and training
- Samsung Thales: mission crew training.
- Boeing Training Services Korea: flight crew training
- Huneed Technologies: ground-based datalinks communications system.
- The AEW&C team has delivered all ground support segments for mission crew training, mission support and system maintenance to ROKAF Base Gimhae, the Peace Eye fleet‘s main operating base. / Boeing 737 (AEW&C) /
Boeing 737 (AEW&C): Providing On-Site Technical Support…
- Boeing is providing on-site technical support, training and spare parts as part of an interim support program. This allows seamless support of the Peace Eye fleet as it transitions to a through-life support program.
- Boeing also has delivered six AEW&C aircraft to Australia. Four other AEW&C aircraft are in production for Turkey.
- The 737 AEW&C aircraft is designed to provide airborne battle management capability with an advanced multirole electronically scanned radar and 10 state-of-the-art mission crew consoles that are able to track airborne and maritime targets simultaneously. The mission crew can direct offensive and defensive forces while maintaining continuous surveillance of the operational area. / Boeing 737 (AEW&C) /
The Republic of Korea Air Force (ROK Air Force; ROKAF; Hangul: 대한민국 공군; Hanja: 大韓民國 空軍; Revised Romanization: Daehanminguk Gong-gun) is the …
Jul 2, 2012 … This video is a response to The Award Winning ROKAF Black Eagles, Display at Waddington Airshow 2012 · The Award Winning ROKAF Black …
Jun 21, 2012 … The ROKAF (Republic of Korea Air Force) originally planned to buy 120 advanced, high-end fighters as its next-generation platform, in order to …