A Truck-Mounted Directed Energy System… / Laser
- Under a follow-on contractual effort from the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC), Boeing will continue developing a truck-mounted directed energy system that improves warfighters’ ability to counter rockets, artillery, mortars and unmanned aerial threats. / Laser /
HEL MD… / Laser
- Under the High Energy Laser Mobile Demonstrator (HEL MD) Phase II High-Power Testing follow-on contract, Boeing will incorporate a 10-kilowatt, solid-state laser with the HEL MD system. There is an option to subsequently incorporate a more powerful laser. The effort reduces the risk for future high-power laser integration.
- “The Boeing HEL MD program is applying the best of solid-state laser technology to ensure the Army has speed-of-light capability to defend against rockets, artillery, mortars, and unmanned aerial threats — both today and into the future,” said Mike Rinn, Boeing Directed Energy Systems vice president and program director. “High power testing represents a critical step forward for this innovative directed energy system.” / Laser /
HEL MD: A Joint Development… / Laser
- HEL MD is a joint development effort involving Boeing and the Army. This follow-on contract will support development and testing for the next three years. The team will conduct field tests of the HEL MD system using the high-power, solid-state laser during the next year. These tests will demonstrate the system’s ability to acquire, track, damage and defeat threat-representative targets.
- “Phase II will allow us to build on the great work we have accomplished over the past several years with SMDC,” said Blaine Beardsley, HEL MD program manager for Boeing. “Our team is eager to demonstrate that this revolutionary system is capable of saving lives and ready for the battlefield.” / Laser /
- The HEL MD BCS advanced technology objective demonstrates a rugged, mobile beam control system that is traceable to size, weight and performance needs …
Directed Energy Systems / Laser
- In the next phase, the High Energy Laser Mobile Demonstrator (HEL MD), Boeing will integrate and test a high power system. When completed, the HEL MD will …
- May 13, 2012 … Blaine Beardsley, HEL MD program manager at Boeing, said the company …The HEL MD was able to detect and track 60mm and 120mm …